Peachtree Mechanical partnered with the postal facility in Columbia, SC to provide a solution to upgrade their aging central plant while providing a more energy efficient chilled water distribution system. The scope of work was as follows:
- Replaced the existing chiller plant system with (3) new 650-ton magnetic bearing centrifugal chillers, (3) cooling towers, (3) chilled water pumps, (3) condenser water pumps, and all associated appurtenances, trim, and accessories.
- The project also replaced the existing air separator, filtration, and water treatment equipment associated with the condenser water system.
- The control systems associated with all the above equipment was upgraded to match the more recent energy upgrade carried out in the rest of the facility.
- Replaced existing wiring and conduit from each piece of equipment to their associated Motor Control Center.
- Test and Balance and Commissioning of all new equipment and systems.